ThemeForest is a brand new online marketplace where you can buy and sell WordPress, CSS, Joomla, Drupal and many other types of templates. I’m aware that I get overly excited about new theme/template sites, so I’ll try to tone down my excitement by putting my impressions into list format. Here are some reasons why you should check out ThemeForest.
- The site stays true to the forest motif with a very nice color scheme, but thankfully a bear-free environment.
- As I poked around, I found the navigation of the site brilliant – I love the tree chart that breaks down the site by template type (Joomla, WordPress, CSS, etc.) and category. The breadcrumbs were also a nice touch and made it easy to find my way around.
- I enjoyed the pretty thumbnails next to each template and had to hold back from opening up each template to take a closer look. I know how arduous the process is of making screenshots and then cropping it, resizing it, etc. so you can tell they’re putting a lot of work and detail into the site.
- All templates start at $10 and most templates I liked were between $10-40, an amazing deal for unique and creative templates that I’ve never seen before.
- Referral Program – If you refer a new person to ThemeForest and they buy a template, you get 50% of their purchase. Nice! Here’s an example of a badge you can put on your site
- WPCandy’s Sweet Contest – WPCandy is giving away 5 sets of $25 to spend at ThemeForest. Check out WPCandy’s post here
- To beef up their stock, ThemeForest is hosting a contest with prizes of $600 to template authors who submit the most templates by the end of September.