If you insert an image in your post that is too wide for your blog layout, it will break the design. The iMax width plugin sets a maximum width for photos. This is useful for the following reasons:
- It won’t allow you or other users to inadvertently break your blog design with photos that are too large.
- By having consistently sized photos, your site gains points in aesthetics.
The plugin’s developer lists the following additional benefits of the plugin:
- Conserves bandwidth, server storage, and decreases load times.
- Reduces reader annoyances (keeps text from appearing to auto-scroll as images load in)
- Lightweight (does all processing on post save)